Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cuppy Cakes!


Hi, my name is Amy, and I’m addicted to baking.

Last summer, my sister and I decided we would make cupcakes once a week and since then, the baking bug has stuck. I especially love baking cupcakes! One of my favorite things in the whole world is my KitchenAid mixer, Martha (named after Martha Stewart, of course!) She helps me get through all of my recipes with minimal cleanup, and for that I am truly grateful!

Anyways, Martha and I have made our fair share of cupcakes but we wanted to share our favorites with all of you people so here we go!

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/rolo-cupcakes-recipe/ - These Rolo cupcakes are me and Martha’s favorite that we’ve ever made. The sour cream in the cupcake makes for a perfect consistency and the caramel frosting is just sweet enough to balance out the cupcake without overwhelming it. The best part of these ones is the hidden Rolo baked into the middle of the cupcake, by the time it gets out of the oven, it has turned into a center of creamy chocolate and caramel goodness!

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/nutella-cupcakes/ - can you tell I’m in love with this blog? I brought these Nutella cupcakes to my sister’s dorm last spring and I think they were gone in two minutes. Be warned though, these are for the real Nutella lovers because you might as well be eating it straight out of the jar!

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/raspberry-lemon-cupcakes/ - for real though, this blog is the best! Anyways these are the most perfect summertime cupcakes, Raspberry Lemonade flavored. Unlike the richness of the other two chocolate ones, these ones are more light and citrusy. My tip for these ones is to make sure you have a lot of lemon zest (I add even a little bit more than the recipe calls for) it makes them so much more flavorful! For this one it says to take out the raspberry seeds in the frosting, but I’ll be honest, I never have and they have turned out just fine!

These are just a few of my favorites but there are tons of others too! If you have any cupcake requests let me know and Martha and I can make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment